Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Friday, November 01, 2002

Yesterday I saw one of the all-time great business logos. I had forgotten it, but on seeing it again remembered how fascinating I found it when I was just a little boy.

The logo is for a plumbing contractor. Not normally that exciting of a business. This logo, though, exemplifies what I’m sure is the unrealized dream of many plumbers.

A pretty woman reclines in a bathtub, one foot propped on the edge, the other knee at an odd angle. She’s talking on the phone.

It doesn’t take long to realize that she has a toe stuck in either the drain or the faucet. Lucky that she has a phone in the bathroom to call for help! So our intrepid hero is on his way to rescue this damsel in undress (er, distress, I mean). The big question is how the lady, who is pretty, naked and (presumably) grateful, will react to her rescue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home