Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Wednesday, December 04, 2002

In looking about St. Blog’s, I find that much of what bothers me the most doesn’t bother others quite so much and vice versa. The same has been true in recent months in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. I obsess about a particular category of sin only to find the confessor much more interested in addressing another category. I don’t honestly believe that it’s because the holy priests find me incorrigible in one particular area, just that I need the input of someone who isn’t me to remind me of what’s most crucial. Left to my own devices even my conscience doesn’t necessarily discern what’s best for me.

Thus I urge you, though I’m sure none of my readers are nearly so wicked as am I, to take advantage of this season as an opportunity to scrub the soul anew in the confessional. I can’t envision a reason anyone might regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home