Generally speaking
Yesterday at work I was in a lengthy meeting with, among others, a retired general that the company’s hired as a consultant. He was an impressive fellow, which didn’t surprise me. I’ve always had a great deal of respect for the military. Some of that comes from knowing that I’d be a very bad soldier (or sailor or airman). Obedience is very difficult for me – particularly when I don’t know the reason for the direction in question. There are several of the Church’s teachings (not core dogmas of the faith, but positions on some contemporary social issues) that I’ve had a very hard time with. For example, I still really have a hard time with what the Catechism says about discrimination against homosexuals, even though that’s an issue that doesn’t have a whole lot to do with how I live my day-to-day life. So when I see someone who has the discipline to succeed in the military, I am amazed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home