Sean has a great post anticipating his imminent acceptance into the Church. Most pertinently he says: “Most of the same sins that I was wrestling with in August are still with me today (though hopefully with less frequency and more guilt). I've learned so much about how to live, yet I've utterly failed to put most of it in to practice.”
I still am generally prone to the same sins as I was before being received into the Church. By the grace of God, I don’t engage in them quite as frequently, but it’s still worse than I had hoped it would be. That fault is mine alone. It is very frustrating to keep repeating the same things at confession (although it would be better if the repetition were so frustrating as to keep me from succumbing to the recurrent temptations). I’ve noticed, though, that when I get the most discouraged about my lack of progress, I’m all the more susceptible to temptation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home