Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Monday, October 27, 2003

Some time ago I blogged about a group of "dissenting" Catholics that have started to celebrate some form of Mass at a Lutheran church. I know the priest who is the leader of the group (for blogging purposes I call him "Fr. P"), but had read that there were three priests. I recently found out who the other two are. They are both connected with the order that Fr. P had left. It appears that neither have been involved in parish ministry in the Denver archdiocese in the recent past. Apparently their "dissent" has two main prongs:

1. unpopular (and widely disregarded) precepts of moral theology; and
2. the manner of governance of the Church.

So they really are pretty much are akin to Call to Action or Voice of the Faithful.

Now that I know more about their clergy membership and the gravamen of their dissent, I'm hoping to find out more about the lay element. By the way, I'm not just doing this out of curiousity. I want to help to resolve this sad situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home