Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Is there anything so good as going to midday mass?
I rather think not.

In my case, I’m especially fortunate as here’s what’s 3 blocks from my office.

There’s a remarkable building filled with serious devotional artwork and a big tabernacle prominent atop the high altar. If I’m early enough (as I was today), exposition of the
Blessed Sacrament before hand (also afterward).

Mass is said reverently. After mass, the Angelus and then confession is available. (OK, I don’t get going to confession right after mass, but it’s great to have a location handy where confession is available daily. I probably should go that often.)

Today there were probably about 70 people there. It’s a great thing that there are 70 people in my city who could take the time for midday mass. Seventy lives being transformed by Christ and going out in turn to transform the world can only make one say: Deo gratias!

I nearly forgot to mention, that parish does more for the poor than any number of other secular and sectarian entities. Of course that goes with the territory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home