New Feature:: Prayer of the week!
I've wanted to do this for some time, and there's no time like the present. I'll be posting each week a prayer (or portion thereof) that seems especially well-suited. Preference will be given to prayers that aren't among the best-known. This week, apropos of my recent angioplasty and stent emplacement and of my affinity for the Franciscans, a lesser-known prayer that St. Francis is alleged to have prayed before the crucifix: (My apologies if there are better translations available of Summe Gloriose Deus.)
Most Glorious God,
illuminate the darkness of my heart;
grant me a right faith, a certain hope,
perfect charity, perception and insight, O Lord,
that I may fulfill Thy holy and true commandment.
Amen
It includes nearly every aspect of prayer in so few words: praise to the Praiseworthy One, acknowledgement of my unworthiness, a request for what I truly need, and a recognition of what I need to do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home