Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Wednesday, November 13, 2002

Dylan has some great thoughts on the Professio Fidei. So here are some thoughts of my own about it.

While I’m not an apologist or theologian, I do talk about the Faith here. I want to be clear about what the Faith means to me. Since quite a bit of this blog (and lots of the searches that lead people here) have been about some rather odd dissidents, I want to make it clear that I don’t endorse the dissidents.

I’m not trying to position myself as the most knowledgeable, most faithful, most orthodox or holiest blogger. I fall short in all those areas. It seems to me that the only reason St. Paul could honestly call himself the “chief of sinners”, is that I wasn’t around yet.

The Professio is the ideal. I need to remind myself of that ideal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home