Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

As you may know, I’m a listed (though infrequent) contributor to the Lidless Eye Inquisition. A recent post by another contributor generated some controversy as the post, in an illustration to make an unrelated point, mentioned the hypothetical possibilities that would arise should mortal remains of our Lord or our Lady ever be found. On reading the controversial bit, my first thoughts were that any such find would be fraudulent, either brought about directly by demonic forces or by humans hoping to do damage to Christianity. I don’t think that my colleague said anything that calls a central tenet of the faith into doubt. Perhaps he could have worded his illustration in a better way, but that’s how I see it. I’m interested in seeing his response, which I’m sure will be posted soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home