Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Tuesday, February 18, 2003

This was really funny 25 years ago

I think it still is. Between all the talk of '70s songs and the mention of the worst of the '70s songs, I just can't help myself. Besides, this is hardly worst result of the bad reasoning that follows. Here's the parody as I remember it:

So many nights I sit by my window
Waiting for someone with a trippy song
So many dreams I kept deep inside me
Alone in the dark but now
You've come along

You light up my joint
You give me dope
To carry on
You light up all day
and fill my nights with bong

Quarter ‘til three – we’re drinking bongwater
Could it be finally I've gotta go home?
Finally, a chance to say, Hey,
I’m wasted!
Never again to freak on the phone.

You light up my joint
You give me dope
To carry on
You light up all day
and fill my nights with bong

It can't be wrong
Gettiin’ high is the point
'Cause You
You light up my joint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home