Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Monday, April 07, 2003

On the horns of a dilemma

I’ve been at my current job for a very long time, and it seems longer than that. There’s not much of a challenge or of interest. It has worked out well with school for those reasons. Then again, this is my last semester of 3 classes. Just one in the summer and two in the fall and I’m done.

This weekend I learned about a different job that has some great appeal and a few major drawbacks. The biggest drawback is the geographic location: pretty darn far out in the country. The job is to be in charge of ethics and compliance for a hospital affiliated with a company that’s had its share of issues in that area. (In fact, some of the company’s former managers are still experiencing the hospitality of Club Fed.)

There’s terrific appeal in this job. It could be quite a springboard to future opportunities too. I really would prefer it, though, if it weren’t in outer rural nowhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home