Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Monday, August 11, 2003

A few years ago, I bumped into a celebrity family at my late mother-in-law’s parish. She didn’t care much for the parish, but was enough of a traditionalist that she wasn’t going to go to a parish other than the one where she lived. I went several times and am confident that I wouldn’t be Catholic if all Catholic parishes were like it. To coin a phrase, it’s amchurch in excelsis. What parish is it? St. Monica’s, home of Martin Sheen and a prominent “Gay and Lesbian Outreach” that shares basically nothing with Christian morality. The celebrity family? The Arnold Schwartzeneggers. (BTW, the Schwartzenegger-Shrivers smiled and waved as I helped two invalids into the car. Arnold himself is not particularly big – I’d be surprised if he’s 5’9”. His wife is a wraith. They dote on their children.) Anyway, if people are upset that a good Catholic like Arnold could have such bad politics, it’s worth looking at his parish home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home