Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Monday, August 11, 2003

\Video Meliora pointed out this great quote:
”in today's America you can be an adulterer, a liar, a sodomite or most anything really -- just not a hypocrite. So the lesson is, work to conform your conscience to your actions rather than the other way around. Life is so much easier that way.”

--Mike Petrik


Once again we see that objective morality is discounted by our society and only the subjective consonance between the individual’s stated ideals and their behavior is viewed as having value. Of course I fall flat on both counts – I do way too much of what I know to be wrong. May God grant me the grace to retain what conscience I have, rather than to sell it out for the sake of avoiding being seen as a hypocrite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home