A few reasons for quiet lately.
For one, I’ve had the good fortune of getting an upper respiratory infection that turned to a sinus infection. On October 17 a co-worker came in with the worst cough I’ve ever heard. She insisted on staying at work all day and the whole next week too. She’s still coughing today. Now over two-thirds of the people in the office are sick and our little Typhoid Mary thinks (a) it’s funny and (b) she has no responsibility for spreading the germs throughout the office. (Several folks who report to her want to do the right thing and take time off, but are out of their combined sick/vacation time. I’d say Typhoid Mary ought to at least donate her vacation time to them.)
This week – the first week after we “fall back” – is always the most depressing week of the year for me. I don’t care for leaving work on time, heading straight home and arriving after dark. Even seeing the sun come up early is depressing because it reminds me how soon it will be down again. The past few days haven’t even had the consolation of being comfortable – today it’s supposed to get to 80 degrees.
The fires in SoCal are, of course, depressing too. Several folks I know have been evacuated and others are waiting for the shoe to drop.
And in my life, I find myself to be Jonah again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home