Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Monday, April 25, 2005

Given the Holy Father’s new name, consistent demeanor and cardinalatial arms, I’m a bit surprised that no one else has (to my knowledge) dubbed him “Gentle Ben”. Perhaps it’s just because I’m older and geekier than most other members of St. Blog’s parish. But it makes sense to me.

The pope who has serious power, but he does not use it for self-aggrandizement, rather for helping the human family. Many are scared of the pope because of their preconceived notions, only to find that he is acting with their best interest at heart.

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gregg,

The Wikipedia link has a slash at the end which is preventing it from working. I have a better picture here, which you're welcome to link to if you want.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Gregg the Obscure said...

Many thanks, good sir!

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Certainly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home