What's new
I’ve bumped across several new products lately.
1. Raging Cow – this is Dr Pepper’s new “milk with attitude”. The shoeshine guy said he tried two flavors and liked them. He had coupons. I declined. IIRC, the flavors were Berry, Caramel Chocolate, Chocolate and Pina Colada. At least it wasn’t milk flavored like Dr Pepper! (Why, after the Mad Cow scare would anyone give a product a name so close to Mad Cow? Eh?)
2. Coca-Cola’s answer to Red Bull – Coke in silly little odd-sized (8.4 oz) cans with a not-quite-right paint job. Got two free samples yesterday. Drank one as I was thirsty. The other’s in the office fridge.
3. New Frito-Lay “Natural” Series – I’ve seen Ruffles, Lays, Tostitos and, weirdly, Cheetos in the new “Natural” line. The chip bags have a distinctive look (lots of brown and some antique typefaces). They’re all reduced fat with no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. I tried some of the Ruffles with lunch. They’re a good chip. But what is with “natural” Cheetos? Potato chips at least have a recognizable link to potatoes. On what planet would Cheetos resemble anything natural? Also, from the picture, “natural” Cheetos are kind of off-white in color. Will Cheeto fans accept an albino Cheeto?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home