Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Monday, April 14, 2003

First Holy Week Observation

This past weekend my better half was out of town to visit her ailing aunt. I took the opportunity to attend the High Mass at the church downtown. Several of the principal parts are sung and some of those in Latin, but it is Novus Ordo nonetheless.

I sat off to the side, near the confessionals. There were signs on most of them saying that, due to the length of the Palm Sunday liturgy, confessions would not be available on Palm Sunday. One set of booths, though, had yellow hazard tape – like you’d see at a construction site -- tied across the doors. Of course it was the set I’ve used most recently. Got me to wondering if those confessionals may have been out of order and my last absolution was defective. That would be a more pleasant explanation for my sin, but of course as always the sins are mea maxima culpa.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the chief of sinners!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home