So yesterday the Mastercard bill came. As usual, it included several ads. One was truly odd – the PajamaGram. I just can’t envision a circumstance under which I’d feel moved to send someone pajamas by mail – even if they do come in a “keepsake organza hatbox”.
What’s the message here?
- “You need to be lazier”
- “You dress too well.”
- “You need to cover up”
- All of the above.
Not really gift related sentiments, eh?
The whole thought moved me to poesy (with apologies to Mr. Eliot, but it is April after all.)
I grow old, I grow old;
Yet I’ll never make the news above-the-fold.
Shall I dye my whitening locks?
Do I dare to seem a grouch?
I shall wear my new pyjamas
And laze upon the couch.
I have heard the mermaids,
But they’ve just said “Ouch”.
I do not think that they’re aware of me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home