”Seek and ye shall find”
Of late I’ve been somewhat vexed by those who are enraged by what’s going on in the Church from here to here. The traditionalists are upset over changes to the liturgy and the Church’s relationship with those who are separated from her. The modernists are upset that the Church has not abandoned her Lord to embrace political correctness as a replacement for morality.
On a tenuously related subject, I was talking with a co-worker this morning. She was disappointed that this weekend it would be “too cold” to do anything outdoors. I feel bad for her. It will be a perfectly lovely weekend for anyone who’s inclined to enjoy it. I think the projected temperatures in the low 60s are just delightful for outdoor activities. We each sought something different from the same circumstance.
Let’s go back to those who are upset by the “big picture” in the Church today. What they’re seeking isn’t what we should seek. To one degree or another, they’re trying to find fault with others, usually based on their own biases. That's easy to do. Were you to look for my faults, you'd be overwhelmed in a short time. As Christians, though, we should be seeking to overcome our faults and live the Gospel. Of course finding faults in others is easier than overcoming them in yourself. This leads to quite a conundrum.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home