Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Still don’t know what I was waiting for . . .
Every time I ‘d think I’d got it made,
I’d find the taste was not so sweet


Strange days indeed. Changes abound.

Home – my better half’s on a business trip again and in a couple days I join her in the rural southeast – not exactly my ideal habitat.

School – final semester started Monday. What a weirdly early time to start fall semester, eh? Then again, Denver Public started Monday too. We always used to start on the Wednesday before Labor Day, which was nice since the first two weeks of school would be short weeks and ease everyone into the routine. August 18 is a bit too soon for that sort of thing.

Work – yesterday was my boss’ last day. At first when he told me he was leaving, I almost thought he was joking. No news yet on whether they’ll fill the position or view the attrition as a cost savings. Of course his duties devolve to me. Also there’s a real severe tightening of internet access. It isn’t worm-related either – just the filtering. New Advent, for one, was blocked by the filter which told me that I could access it if I’d submit a form to the IS department explaining why it was a job-related necessary site!

St. Blog’s -- everyone’s gone . . . to the moon -- well, lots of folks are largely abstaining from posting anyhow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home