Just yesterday I mentioned that it wouldn’t be long before we had frost and -- ta da! – today there was a soft frost on the grass. Not enough to really crunch beneath the feet, but enough to give the great field a whole different look than it’s had all summer. The sparkle of frost in the morning light gives an elfish cast to the park – as if someone had spun impossibly fine lace across countless blades of grass.
‘Twas a cloudless morning in town, so we walked to the eastern edge of the park, to see if there’d be a good view of the mountains. (That’s one drawback to our neighborhood –few mountain views. Can’t see the mountains for all the trees. Of course I wouldn’t sacrifice the trees just for that.) Since the sun wasn’t very high in the sky, we were walking straight into it – eyes cast down into the cool light. When we got to the vantage point, though, some clouds held over the higher mountains. Maybe tomorrow their whiteness will dazzle the eye again. We’ll be out and about quite a bit and have plenty of chances to get a good look.
I take a rather arcane path to work. Some of the streets I take probably are unknown to most long-time Denverites. So I was surprised to be followed for about 3 miles (on six different streets) by the same car. Not just any car, either, a Dodge Viper – top down. Now the Viper is a very rare car. Denver’s best known Viper owner is also her biggest local celebrity. The only times the car got close behind me, the brilliant sun was right behind the car, so I couldn’t get a very good glimpse of the driver. When I turned and it didn’t, the driver’s window was tinted enough that I couldn’t see him very well either. I did get a few glimpses of the driver’s hair blowing above the windshield. It wasn’t especially long. Its color was between blond, red and brown. The follower could well have been The Duke himself. (Since it’s no longer possible to look up the owner of a car by its license plate – in this case 757-JAL – I don’t know if I’ll ever find out for sure, although that plate would certainly fit old #7.)
So twice in the early morning I’ve been in obvious situations where I try to see something, but can’t see it. That would suggest that perhaps I’m not seeing some important messages in other aspects of my life, no?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home