New movie meme . .
thanks to Eve and The Mantis and probably many others by now.
The latest craze is to disclose the movie character with whom you most closely identify.
Contenders:
* Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Pro: captures quite a bit of my life in my late teens, particularly the Mittyesqueness of it all.
Con: that was a long time ago and I have grown up at least a little since then.
Conclusion: too callow and conventional.
* General Buck Turgidson from Dr. Strangelove, or how I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb
Pro: captures the intensity I bring to my work.
Con: participant in a popular struggle, enthusiast for novel ideas, high social status.
Conclusion: possibly just a teensy bit more paranoid than me.
* Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Pro: quirky and possessed of some arcane skills and interests.
Con: spends his time alone in the wilderness.
Conclusion: too much of a nebbish.
* Mr. Freeze from Batman and Robin
Pro: imposing physical presence, Germanic background, technophile, fond of cold.
Con: ostentatiously wealthy, rather stiff, violent.
Conclusion: not enough of a nebbish.
Finalists:
* Frank Abagnale, Jr. from Catch Me If You Can or
* Roy Hobbs from The Natural.
Of course I look nothing those fellows. I look more like Grizzly Adams after a four-month bender. This, though, has to do with their characters.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home