Gospel verses birthday meme
I haven't been tagged, so I won't tag anyone else, but it's a good thing regardless.
MT 12:27: And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges
MK 12:27: He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You therefore do greatly err.
LK 12:27: Consider the lilies, how they grow: they labour not, neither do they spin. But I say to you, not even Solomon in all his glory was clothed like one of these.
JN 12:27: Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour. But for this cause I came unto this hour.
In summation, I face judgment, I greatly err, I have a great deal more than my labour would merit and still my soul is troubled. Sounds pretty accurate all the way around.
NB: all quotes courtesy of Douay-Rheims Online. While I very much appreciate that site’s convenient presentation of a remarkably good translation of the Bible, I would caution against some of their “sidebar” articles that can tend toward the eccentric or even schismatic.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home