Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Mr. O proves

some facility in Teutonic invective here.

Why do other cultures have such inventive forms of insult? Or, more properly, why are our insults so lacking?

Well, I have to go now. The jerk store called and they seem to be out of me.

BTW - using "Iss mal" (the imperative) in place of "essen Sie" (which is, after all the polite form) would punch up the referenced phrase a bit.

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger TS said...

Yeah I always thought it delightfully odd that the "sie" form of address was used. I'm not sure whether it's something we students made up or whether someone made up for us.

Of course the master of invective might be Shakespeare 'eh? I think there's a Shakespeare insult generator on the web.

By the way, Bill Luse took several years of German in high school and some in college, so there's a lot of us Germanphiles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home