Thoughts:
. . . as to why I haven’t been posting much lately:
• I’ve worked up a few “big idea” posts but chucked them for a variety of reasons;
• I’ve been pretty busy with work; and
• I’ve been unusually angry and depressed lately.
. . . as to why I’ve been angry and depressed lately:
• Our culture’s increasing velocity on it’s seemingly inexorable trip to hell in a bucket;
• My own continued moral failings; and
• A bad influence.
. . . as to my own continued moral failings:
• On further review, there is some progress there – I engage in one particular long-ingrained bad habit less than 10% as frequently as I did only a few years ago (too bad we’re not charged with being only 70% as perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect!); and
• Many of the failings at least have the salutary effect of showing me how little reason I have for my too-frequent Pride.
. . . as to the bad influence:
• I remember a time a few years ago when I was vexed by anger and depression and simply avoiding one particular blog really helped;
• The recent anger and depression seem to hit me roughly in proportion to the frequency of my reading a particular blog; so
• That blog is now off-limits.
(It's quite difficult to refrain from commentary describing that blog, but such comments probably wouldn't serve any good purpose.)
Also this seems like it could be a real reason to rejoice.
I do have a new “big idea” cooking. So far it seems like both a good idea and a good potential post. I hope to think it through just a bit before typing it up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home