A few folks (like Zorak) have mentioned that dreaded malady – getting a song stuck in your head.
I’m wondering if any other folks experience getting multiple songs stuck – kind of an involuntary medley Sad to say that “Shepherd of My Heart” has been stuck in my head for about nine days now. Ugh. Occasionally the verse line is replaced by “It’s A Small World”. That neither improves nor disfigures it. Then again, they both may be so vile that they’re incapable of change – kind of like the “perfectly possessed” mentioned here.
While on the topic of music, I must mention the oddest musical event in recent memory. We were at a new Asian restaurant in the neighborhood. There were lots of Asian customers and staff. There were three middle-aged white guys on stage. They were trying to sing some country music of the 1930s. (Like the stuff in “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” – I’m familiar with the authentic article courtesy of my late father.) Given their rather weak grasp of pitch, I was especially grateful that they skipped the yodeling. I’m also very grateful that “In The Jailhouse Now” isn’t stuck in my head, despite hearing nearly every possible variant verse over the course of about 20 minutes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home