Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Friday, September 26, 2003

Lose weight now, ask me how

I just experienced a really rapid, yet completely healthy weight loss. I feel better. I’m able to do things I couldn’t do before. Even my posture’s better.

Wasn’t the Atkins Diet or a new workout regimen. It was a trip to the confessional. Took the weight of the world off my shoulders. I had been away too long, but am glad to report it wasn’t too late when I got there. (I’m reminded that my past few physical ailments have occurred while I’ve been vexed by an unconfessed sin. Hmmm.)

A nicely poetic moment – while I was in the box waiting, there were hammering and sawing sounds from elsewhere in the church. I was reminded that during our confessions, important repairs are being made by the One who was a carpenter of Nazareth.

Chances are that none of my readers are as sinful as me -- or as neglectful of going to confession -- so thanks for putting up with my ramblings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home