Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Wednesday, September 03, 2003

A year ago today I had my most recent heart surgery. I pray have no need to do that again any time soon. There’s no reason to suspect that I will, as I’m as healthy as can be expected. There are other problems of the heart, though. Regular readers will note that it’s been a while since I intoned:

Create in me a clean heart, O God
And renew a right spirit within me
Cast me not away from Thy presence
And take not Thy Holy Spirit from me
Restore to me the joy of Thy salvation
And uphold me with Thy free Spirit.


Some time ago my confessor recommended that I take a certain action to address one of my habitual sins. I haven’t been diligent in following that counsel and have paid for it. Now I’m trying to make good on this outstanding responsibility. Weirdly, though I know that what I’m trying to do is a good and necessary thing, I’m quite scared. Much more scared than I ever was going in to surgery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home