Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Monday, March 21, 2005

Hopes and fears

I fear that, even if the federal judge bestirs himself, it may be too late for Terri Schindler Schiavo given how long she's been denied basic hydration.

I fear that said federal judge is acting the part of Pilate, trying to stay above the fray and away from accountability.

I fear that this case will be used as a precedent that whenever a person is dependent and unable to communicate with the outside world, the inconvenience that he or she poses to others will be taken as sufficient justification for the dependent person's death. (The abortion-on-demand principle being applied more broadly.)

I fear that the vehemence with which the entrenched interests in our society fight this battle will only intensify.

I fear that the timidity shown by people of faith in this case will also only intensify.

I hope that in all of the above I am wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home