A good day after all
Today was a big day and a good one at that. I made a presentation to a state legislative committee regarding proposed changes to the state’s Medicaid program. The changes would have had a significant negative impact on hospitals like the one where I work. The proposal was defeated. (I doubt my presentation was the deciding factor, but I’m pretty sure it didn’t hurt the cause either.) There’ll be something else next year, but today’s worries are surely sufficient for today.
I’ve got the sort of job where it’s often hard to see tangible results to what I do until lots of time has passed and we’re able to analyze larger samples of data. Seeing results just a few short hours after doing something is a nice novelty. It’s also just tons of fun to have even a short time to give a proper speech in a formal setting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home