Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Sunday, May 11, 2003

Thanks again to those of you who have offered prayers on my behalf. I’m glad to report that a degree of success has been attained. By the mercy of God, A has been substantially less aggravating than usual, but when A has engaged in aggravating behaviors, I’ve so far been able to resist the internal rant connecting the recent event with previous events. I haven’t given over to anger. Thank God!

I’ll probably be a little scarce in days ahead for the following reasons:

May 12 – 15 finals (if you hear loud shouts of glee on Wednesday, don’t worry, it will just be me exulting that my Finance class is over for good);
May 16 – 18 a trip out of town;
May 18 – 24 company staying with us (arriving just 3 hours after we get back
from our trip!)

Not too much danger of the problems connected with idleness in the days ahead.
Huzzah!

The past two days were quite delightful. On Friday it was nice and cool for walking Mr. Puppy in the morning. The work day was quiet and productive. Running mid-day errands, I took the opportunity to attend Mass at a parish that was somewhat new to me. I’d gone in for prayer before, but never for Mass. Though only 7 were there, it was a most beneficial Mass. The homily was perfectly applicable to my immediate situation as were a few of the intercessions offered by the priest – intercessions I’d never heard made at any Mass before. (I wonder if he has the occasionally reported gift of reading souls.)

Yesterday I awoke to about 4 inches of wet snow – yet more much-needed drought relief. It did quite a job of pruning the trees beyond what the March storm had done – reminding me of the need for pruning in my interior life. Got to have dinner with friends last night at their house.

This morning I had a great walk with Mr. Puppy and we’re preparing to go to a noon Mass followed by a nice brunch. God has truly blessed us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home