Vita Brevis

. . . so get with it!

Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Mr. Riddle has a particularly good recent post (Blogger’s acting up so I can’t link directly) -- meaning nothing against his other posts, of course. The post in question mentions the sordid spectacle of intra-Catholic infighting – especially that involving issues of “traditionalism” -- becoming a cause of offense or scandal.

An epigram I recently encountered applies to some degree:

“There is no squabbling so violent as that between people who accepted an idea yesterday and those who will accept the same idea tomorrow.” (attributed to one Christopher Morley, of whom I know absolutely nothing else)

I sincerely hope that I have not given offense or caused scandal to anyone by what I have written here or on other blogs. If I have, please let me know how I have done so, in order that I may reform my ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home