Gosh it's nice in Denver these days! Yesterday was the first day in months that we haven't needed the a/c in the house. Got a pair of nice walks with Mr. Puppy and didn't get all sweaty. Today I didn't need the car a/c on the way in to work. I'm looking forward to those crisp days ahead, just so long as I don't get crunched on ice!
Condolences to T S O'Rama on his local team's performance. If it's any consolation, Mr. O, my team didn't do very well either.
Only two new dilemmas.
Went to the "Auto Show In Motion" early Saturday. Found a car that really interests me, at least as a pre-owned since the new ones are out of the price range. Problem is, it's a Saab. Talk about the stereotypical lefty car! Oy! Then again, it handles well, it's got enough headroom to feel safe, it's comfy and it really seems to be well-engineered. And if it's used, it isn't doing that much to support the socialist bloodsuckers of Stockholm. (Or is that me getting Stockholm syndrome?)
Second dilemma's a bit closer to serious. Found out about a job that's pretty near perfect for me but for one thing: it's located in a seriously remote rural area. It's two hours drive to the nearest substantial town and five hours drive to the nearest city, farther yet than that to anywhere that's got friends and/or family. Part of me thinks it would be good just to get the interview practice, but they are a Catholic institution and I don't want to waste their time and money on an interview if I'm not an earnest candidate.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home